Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Interesting Philosophy D

The students were having their weekly DARE class. During this time they were supposed to be learning about "gateway drugs." However, D was clearly more interested in playing with his hooded sweathshirt. I approached him in an effort to point his attention in the right direction. We enter...

Mr. A: "D, what are you doing? You are making some poor choices and being very disrespectful to Officer Johnson right now."

D: "I was just finna look at my jacket Mr. A."

Mr. A: "I see that...may I ask why?"

D: "Well I was thinking about if people lived in jackets."

Mr. A: "If people lived in jackets?"

D: "Yeah, like you and all the other people with white mugs would be living in the pockets."

Mr. A: "OK."

D: "Yeah, and all the black folk be livin' in the hood son!"

B: "Juiced!"

Mr. A: "Why did I get juiced? Let's just go ahead and pay attention...juiced!"

No comments:

Post a Comment