Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Year Two...Already?

OK kids, I'm back. This was hands down the shortest summer of my life. However, I did get to go back to the promise land that is Minnesota, so it was extremely therapeutic. That being said, I'm back teaching again. I know, I know. This year will be slightly different folks. This year Mr. A is teaching 3rd and 4th grade. However, I am still exposed to students of all ages, so there will be gems that cross grade levels.

I do apologize for not getting this started sooner, but things have been slightly intense. To be perfectly honest, I haven't even been writing down my gems during the day like I did last year. However, I couldn't fire this thing up and not give you something, so here we go...year two is officially under way for Teachable Quotes:

I am in the middle of breaking down the expectations for the students. I want to make sure that they understand that Mr. A does not put up with any nonsense. Every choice has a consequence. Most of the students are understanding this, but D is a little wary. We enter...


Mr. A: "OK third graders, we need to make sure that we are following these expectations, otherwise our not so good choices may give us some not so good consequences."

D: "What? I don't care, you can't do anything to me."

Mr. A: "I can call your mom."

D: "Oh snap...that is good."




No comments:

Post a Comment